The mission of St. Matthew Lutheran Church is to know Jesus and to let Him be known, by reflecting God’s love, teaching our children and serving the community.
1. St. Matthew Lutheran Church believes that the Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals both His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. We also believe that The Bible is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine and is clearly explained in the teachings of Martin Luther. Our practice of Scripture-based teaching reflects God’s truth shared in love as well as our response to God’s grace through praise, worship and the sacraments. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. St. Matthew is a respected leader in the field of Christian education and is committed to Christian training. We grow by placing great emphasis on strong families and on instruction in the Word; we recognize this as a very effective way of reaching out boldly with the Gospel. We are not merely a private alternative to public education, but a Christ-centered, Bible-based haven of God’s Spirit. Our teachers are dedicated servants of the Lord who have the ability and the willingness to lead students into the love of Christ. (Proverbs 22:6)
3. We are obligated and willing to go and make disciples of all nations, including our own. St. Matthew’s mission focus begins at our doorstep and extends to the ends of the earth. We endeavor to live real, credible, Christ-centered lives, telling the good news of Jesus to our family, friends and neighbors. Together and individually, we strive to follow the example of Jesus who showed love to those who had nothing and cared for those who didn’t belong. (James 5:20)
4. Whether our facilities are small or great, humble or exalted in the eyes of the world, they are a holy place in which we serve the Lord Jesus Christ with joyful hearts. We keep each other focused not on the trivial, but on the triumphant; not on the small, but on the significant. Our Christian stewardship is a joyous activity, managing all of life and life’s resources for God’s purposes. As a vibrant congregation, we are committed to using our time, talent and treasure to advance God’s kingdom. (1 Peter 4:10-11)
5. We are an inclusive congregation which values fellowship and friendliness. We intend to joyously serve the community in which we live. Just as Christ became a man in order to save us, we are commanded to become weak in order to win the weak; become poor to win the poor. In so doing, we find ourselves united, not by our color, our occupations or our status, but by our common confession of the truths of God’s Word. (Romans 12:6-8)
6. St. Matthew Lutheran Church is a courageous, unique congregation which believes that Christ is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us. Our Spirit-led ministry is motivated by faithfully and frequently engaging the power and value of prayer in Christ’s name. We are not anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, we present our requests to God. Yet not our will, but His be done. (Titus 1:2)
To find more information please click on the picture below to be taken to the church’s website.